Today is Day 9 on the plan. Everything has been going so well, it was bound to mean that something had to go wrong. So I had an accident this morning while I was prepping dinner.
And I didn’t think you wanted a picture of my hand, so here is the butter coffee I reference below…
I was slicing sweet potatoes to make sweet potato chips for dinner using my mandolin. I went to a thicker slice level to try to make some sweet potato toast, and after a few swipes, ended up slicing off a good chunk of my hand/wrist. Fun. Nothing like an unexpected ER visit! Nothing to stitch, but bandaged up for a few days sigh… I promptly threw away the mandolin and am going to look for something else to slice my veggies! I have a food processor, but it doesn’t have a “feeder” function for slicing.
Here are my last two days, and then what I’ve had so far today (and what is planned).
- Coffee sweetened with Medjool Dates and Almond/Coconut creamer
- Meal 1 = Banana, Fried Egg & 1/2 a sliced Avocado
- Meal 2 = Lunch at The Daily: Shared a Crabstack (crabmeat on top of tomato and avocado) and a Mahi BLT (no roll or mayo)
- Meal 3 = Salad with grilled chicken and blueberries
- Snack = Kombucha and Chocolate Sea Salt RxBar (W30 compliant)
- Meal 1 = Banana and an Apple Pie Lara bar. I started the morning off with “Butter” Coffee (Coffee sweetened with Medjool Dates, Almond Creamer and a tsp. of Ghee) – DELICIOUS! Really thick, and seemed to give me a nice energy boost. A lot of calories but a nice treat now and then. (Note: the link isn’t the exact recipe I follow but it is a close one. I used Ghee instead of butter, no sweetener but did add Dates and blended them in, and no coconut oil or vanilla extract. I may try the extract tomorrow).
- Meal 2 = Eggs and Bacon
- Meal 3 = Grilled Chicken and Crash Hot Potatoes
No snacks on Sunday – I was REALLY content with what I had over the day, so I definitely count that as a win!!!
- Meal 1 = Butter coffee, banana and a piece of bacon and Kombucha
- Meal 2 = Scrambled Eggs with diced chicken, spinach and salsa. Slice of Bacon and cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
- Meal 3 (FUTURE) = ** Planned for Pulled Pork, Sweet Potato chips and salad